Sunday 30 March 2008

Dead Fantasy I & II

OMG!! I was browsing Gametrailers.com when I came across these!! Ok perhaps I'm like one of the slowest person who have not seen these, but better late than never! XD

The following animations are done by montyoum who has brought the ladies from Final Fantasy and Dead or Alive together in a battle against each other! These wonderfully done masterpieces are a MUST watch, with stunning graphics and action, along with super hot and delicious babes! I guess its like a dream come true for every fanboy. (and fangirl like me! XD)

Dead Fantasy I



"I've got another movie here. I had this one in my mind awhile ago and I finally got the chance to get to it after all the hubbub surrounding my previous movie and what it did for my life.

I started this one about last July and gradually worked into it piece by piece. First thing I usually decide on when I make a movie is the "why is this cool?" And as far as this movie goes, the coolest part about the movie is how it ends. Which is what you'll see after watching it, and why I'm really REALLY excited about getting started on Dead Fantasy II-V. But more on that later.

Balance

I hope it's noticable. The subtle signs of me trying to become a better animator. Having a movie with humans instead of humanoids I wanted to portray less broader more precise movement. Though still with the anime stylings of movies such as Final Fantasy Advent Children. I spent a lot more focus this time around on making those sequences better in terms of movement & character weighting etc. It's nowhere by any means near professional animation quality. Just a step up I knew I should be taking. But doing so made others things fall back a tad. More obvious than the things I did better at, were where I fell short. My choices as the Director of this movie suffered in a way due to my effort as an animator. I knew this would happen, but I still don't like seeing the faults I made including camera work and pacing. It's a pretty simple formula too. I'd spend a good several hours/days getting a really good sequence done, then when it comes to the camera work, I don't want to lose any of those frames, even if it's a responsible choice to cut it out.

The imbalance of animator vs director this time around effected the overall movie, and I will know better next time."

....the rest here.



Dead Fantasy II




"The first thing that comes to mind about the production of this vid is how much I wanted to give you the viewer more. I've described it heartfully many times as "bang for buck" or "giving the viewer their money's worth." What's that you say? "Oh silly Monty, why worry about giving me my money's worth for something that totally free? You so crazy!" Wellllll, I find it funny these days, how it seems that free still isn't quite free enough anymore, things like time and attention is a value that's hard to give up to just anything. And just as I learned (with Haloid) that making a good movie isn't enough for the viewer, but also making a good movie that they want. The relationship between filmaker and viewer of what you want and what I want to give you. One could hope someday I'll be in the position to make that video game motion picture that fully pays tribute to what the fans wish for while making the reasonable comprises of established filmaking.

You should know that I wasn't much a fan of Dead Fantasy 1. Not that I'm not proud of some moments, but in the listed episodes of this series it was the one I wanted to do the least. But obviously the only one that could come first because of what it established. When that one was done an over with, really the fight was only beginning. It should also be mentioned that this episode wasn't meant to happen, the original plan was for Tifa to show up and split them up into the three respective pairs following with Dead Fantasy II begin Yuna Vs Kasumi, Dead Fantasy III Tifa Vs Hitomi, Dead Fantasy IV beign Rikku VS Ayane. But to to the immense response of how much you all were looking forward to an even fight between the two teams, it wouldn't have been fair to the viewer to take something away just as soon as it was introduced. I thoroughly glad I opted to go this route, it just goes to show that you really can't be certain about what you do without considering who it is you making this for".

....the rest here.


I've never seen Rinoa this powerful before! I loved how she made her entrance! Descending from the sky and all.. it was really grand! I thought it was supposed to be a Final Fantasy thing, so I hadn't really expected Kairi to appear. Being a huge Paine supporter, I was hoping it would be Paine who would join the girls in this fight. But nonetheless, as stated by the film maker himself, he wanted unpredictability so I guess it goes too. =)

Being an avid fangirl of Final Fantasy, you won't have to guess who I am rooting for in this showdown between the sexy ladies!! XD

No comments: