Monday 3 November 2008

Happy Halloween!

25.10.2008 (Saturday)

Spent the whole day at Verity's make up school being her model for her make up portfolio. I think we spent a total of 9 hrs straight putting on and removing the make up! I was told I get to keep the photographs taken by the professional photographer but till then here are some pictures that I took using my trustworthy samsung U900! =)

The 6 different looks


hmm the make up isn't that visible in the photos above, but nonetheless I think Verity did a really good job with all the looks and I really liked the 60's look especially! We were trying to do the whole shanghai image thing, with the plastered curled fringe at the side and all, ha but oh well as you can tell, we didn't quite succeed XD.



My bff Verity a.k.a the make up artist!






Busy at work!



My fav look! Note the Shanghai-ese kinda look!



I really love my sister's lavender tube dress! She got it from one of the shops near Portebello Market when we were in London! Great Value for money!



The cheeky girl! XD



The creative look!
Check out how bling the eyelashes are!



And the amount of make up I had to remove after that.
It was so thick that I felt as though I had plastic plastered on my face!





31.10.08 (Friday)

It was a super packed day for me on Halloween! I started the day with my morning appointment with Browhaus. Thanks to Christina, I managed to get 2 free treaments by Browhaus Training school:

  • Complete workout Threading (Usual Price $40) – using a cotton thread to remove fine facial hair. Full face threading includes eyebrows
  • Lash in Bloom (Usual Price $120) – the ever popular eyelash extension ; to create fuller & longer lashes
It was my first time going for facial threading and it was really much more painful than eyebrow threading, especially near the jawline and upper lip. Thankfully the pain was tolerable although I'm not sure if I would want to go through that ordeal again. The outcome of the complete workout was wonderful though, my face actually looks brighter and definitely less dull!
Lash in Bloom wasn't painful but it was rather uncomfortable and I ended up tearing quite alot. It was definitely worth it though because I really love my new lashes!! It looks natural despite them being fake and with proper aftercare, the lashes can even last up to 4 weeks!

You know what, I'll let the pictures do the talking. XD




It was the Heroes Season 3 Premiere screening at Vivo City GV grand after that, but I'll leave the event coverage for another post after I get the pictures from my friend. =)




Rushed home to get ready for Halloween after the screening and met up with the girls at Daph's place for some booze before heading down to Butter Factory. It was nearly midnight by the time we arrived at Butter and the queues were never ending, both at the costume side and VIP side. Ann booked a table so we thought we could get priority but the club was so full that no one was allowed in! In the end, we gave up and proceeded to Clark Quay where we finally settled at The Arena.


Tannie as Officer Naughty and myself as some random goth vamp thingy.




With Val the scary jester!



Nich as Mr Cop.



with Ann as magician + MJ wannabe. XD



complete with Daph as the dead muay thai girl



Flash was too harsh but I love my eyes! LOL. freaky?


After a night of partying, what's the best way to end it? Why prata of course!!

4am prata at Simpang!! XDD


No comments: