Monday 12 May 2008

Mother's Day Special Deals!

Happy Belated Mother's Day to all mothers out there! I love all the mother day specials that were going on everywhere! Firstly, because of mother's day, I finally got my NEW 5MP Camera Samsung Soul phone for only $98!!

Singtel, YOU ARE THE BEST!

When Samsung G800 hit the local markets a while ago, being an avid fan of Samsung, I was really tempted to get it. However, the bulkiness of the phone turned me off (moreover, the price was still very steep). Deciding to be patient, I waited, hoping that a better high resolution camera phone would come out. True enough, Samsung soul was released! Not only did it have the functions of G800 (5MP), it was half the size!!

The design, colour and functions are amazing too!


Color & Design:

The black and silver colour, together with the slide up/down design makes the phone look sleek and classy. It isn't as slim as the Ultra slim series of course, but definitely slim enough to fit into the pockets of your jeans nicely~ =) The phone consists of normal buttons and a touch screen panel, allowing you to select via the touch buttons or the normal buttons. I was actually afraid that the touch screen would be problematic because most of the touch screen phones that I've tried were really too sensitive that it got annoying. This time, the sensitivity of the touch screen is just right and the sensitivity is even adjustable if you don't like it! The colours of the touch panel are changeable too! Nice! =)


Features

The special features of this phone include

1. User created theme, where you are able to create your own theme using background images and colours of your own. I haven't really played around with it much but the default themes in the phone are already pretty. If you would like to customize it, there are 2 options for you to choose from: Easy & Expert.

The easy mode is obviously pretty much straightforward, all you have to do is change the background image, tweak some colours and there you have it! Your newly created theme.

The expert mode however is a little more complicated. You can adjust its layers, the colours, background and more which isn't really too hard if you follow the instructions.


2. MobileBlog, which I think is awesome because you can upload photos or videos directly on to your websites or blogs on the go. It is powered by ShoZu. Other mobile phone users would usually have to download the application from the website before being able to use it, but Samsung Soul has it pre-installed in your phone so its really very convenient.

3. RSS reader so that you can get your latest tabloids or news from any webbies.

4. Camera and Camcorder, which are the key features for me in a phone.
As I already mentioned, the inbuilt camera has a 5MP resolution with macro function and a really powerful flash perfect for night shots! The flash not only works for the camera but the camcorder as well! This is REALLY useful when it comes to filming at night, you too can film your own Blair Witch Project now! XD

5. Music player AND FM radio! The sound quality I believe has improved compared to my older samsung phones. You can now synchronise your phone with Windows Media Player. The FM radio can only be operated through the earphones though

6. Digital data printing comes in real handy when you need to print something really urgently but do not have a PC to do so. With digital data printing, all you have to do is find a printer and print out your images, messages or personal data directly from your phone!

7. Lastly, it is 3G therefore you can have much greater data transfer speed, video streaming and video conferencing. OK honestly, I'm not really sure what 3G can do but all I know is that because of 3G I can use my mobile anywhere in the world, including Japan where the network is different from ours, thus making it an important feature for me.

I guess a video would explain it much better so check out the french commercial below. (I couldn't find any other ads)






Here are some of the pictures that I took with my new phone during our mini Mother's day dinner at Bedok Camp

Nasi Ayam Penyet
The chicken was fantastic although my sis said that the one at Lucky Plaza was much better. Looks like i got to try it for myself!

Tahu Goreng

Tahu Telur
Also known as fried beancurd with eggs, this is absolutely HEAVENLY. I'm not really a die hard fan of beancurd but this dish is really yummy. If you like Tahu Goreng (above) you will definitely love this as well because this is SOOO much better!HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! Crispy and soft at the same time! 5 Stars!!

Beef and Mutton Satay

Indian Rojak

Kumbing Soup

Mom and Dad busy eating to notice the camera!



I also bought myself a pair of Dr. Martens 1460 that I was dying to get for only US$108 (originally US$139)!! I heard that its S$169 at retail price here in Singapore. So since the current exchange rate is USD1.37 per SGD, I saved about S$21! AND I don't even have to go out to get them, they will be delivered to my doorstep!

So anyways, I saw this fantastic deal when I was browsing Shoebuy.com. They were having a mother's day special and all you have to do is enter MOM2008 at checkout and you get 20% off your purchase immediately! PLUS, if you register for a new account, being a first time buyer, you get an additional 10% off! So that's a total of 30%! So what are you waiting for?? Head down to Shoebuy.com before midnight (US time) to get this great buy!

Now look at that! Isn't it gorgeous??

No comments: