Sunday 4 May 2008

Watermelon Cookies! Super Cute!

Here's what I did today while I was procrastinating instead of studying for my upcoming paper this thursday - Baking watermelon cookies!

So after making the dough out of flour, egg, butter and icing sugar, I separated the dough into 3 equal portions and added the respective food dye to each.

Uncoloured (or yellow), Green and Red

Next I made many small balls out of the red and wrapped each red ball with the uncoloured dough. It was then repeated with the green dough.

Half completed and completed balls


All rolled and ready to chill in the fridge to harden before baking

Once hardened, I took them out from the fridge and sliced them as though I'm slicing a watermelon~ add some sesame seeds and voila~ this is what you get!


Unfortunately, after baking, the watermelon slices flattened out. =(

Here are the flattened watermelon slices and mini carrots that I made out of the balance dough.

Cute right? I couldn't have done it without my mom who helped me roll the biscuits! Not an easy task ok. XD Great and simple to make! I can't wait to make more!!