Tuesday 1 April 2008

Best of 2007

2007 has been one of the most memorable year for me. It was the year where I laughed alot, CRIED alot and experienced quite a no. of "first times". XD

I started off the year with a Chinese New Year Cosplay shoot, with the four of us (Reiko, Ka, Kaika and myself) cosplaying characters from Bleach. We wanted our photoshoot to be held at the Japanese Garden, unfortunately it wasn't open and so we settled for the Chinese Garden.

Featuring..

The Captains
Reiko as Toushirou Hitsugaya (10th Division)
Ka as Byakuya Kuchiki (6th Division)

The Vice Captains
Kaika as Rangiku Matsumoto (10th Division)
Myself as Abarai Renji (6th Division)




A few of us were then called to attend this event at Zouk called Eazy Peezy Very Japaneezy for the Onitsuka Tiger Launch. The theme was well as you can see anything Japanese and so I guess they needed cosplayers like us to just mingle about. Although I think the only reason why they called us was because of free labour. But nonetheless, the sushi was good. haha. So here we are, camwhoring outside zouk before going in.

Reiko as Bunta
Myself as Niou
from
Prince of Tennis



Before B1 (reiko) left for Japan in April, the bananas, B1 (reiko), B2 (myself), B4 (Sammy) and Michies went to Sentosa for our last outing together. We had a blast, doing nothing and just lazying around at Cafe Del Mar.



Red Bull

Being a mobile energiser for the Red Bull Wings Team is still one of the best job ever.

Left column:
Together with Becks at NUS beach Fiesta,
Pearl and myself in the office,
Michelle and myself at Pasta de Waraku

Second Column:
Myself with the Japanese racing girls @ Shenton Way,
Michelle and myself at Pasta de Waraku,
Redbull unite at the WCG 2007 @ Suntec



Picture of Tannessa and myself with the old Red Bull Beetle


The Muttons from Perfect 10!
I had to tag along to give out redbull to the hardworking students preparing for their exams


Swissotel's Vertical Marathon 2007
Alaina and I at the roof of Swissotel. BEAUTIFUL view from up there!




BUNGY BAR

This was one of the "first times" for me. It was my first time working at a bar. Despite the disapprovals from my parents, I still ended up working at Bungy Bar from June - November. In this case, it wasn't the job that made it so memorable, but the people. The amount of fun that we had during work and after work made all the long tiring days of work worthwhile.

Clockwise (from top left)
Myself, Eddy, Doranne, Suresh and Ayid
Eddy by the bar
Vanessa
Doranne


Not forgetting our crazy and well-missed Monday Movie Nights.





We got along so well that all of us went for a trip to Tioman in July together! Sun , sand and sea!
Another "first time" - Fishing!









The next major event of the year was my 21st Birthday! The theme was Film Noir and it was held at NSRCC.

Photobucket


The day before the party, Eddy busy setting up the DJ table.



The party day!




On my actual birthday, 6th August, the bungy peeps gave me a suprise birthday celebration at Bungy Bar! The cake was HUGE



Made new friends with a whole bunch of arty farty peeps.
Wan, Ayid and Sarah!
Superb photos using the Nikon D40x and Canon 400D





Haha and the closest I got to being a DJ was appearing as a guest for the Muttons @ Midnight's Catch of the Week. It was an unforgettable experience! Justin and Vernon were great hosts and are really wonderful people.




Yet another "first time", going visiting on Hari Raya in a kebaya!
It was super rush after that because we had to change for the Halloween party at Zouk!




AND! THE BEST AND UNFORGETTABLE CONCERT OF THE YEAR..... LINKIN PARK!!!!
I am soooo glad rice and I managed to see them live at the indoor stadium only about 8-10 rows from the stage! Now how close is that! It was great despite all the moshing and smelling of sweat after. Unforgettable!



This date was very memorable and it was also my first time up the hot air balloon!



And last but not least, ending my Year 2007, was a 24 days trip to Japan! (Photos of which I will post them at a later date). I hope my 2008 will be as good as 2007! XD

I think this post must have been my longest post ever in my blogging life. ha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY! it sure looked like a great year for you ^^ i guess turning 21 means a fresh start for you in your life too :) jia you ok! you've got an exciting schedule lined-up for you this year, so here's hoping 2008 will be a even better year (that means getting together with some sweet ang moh guy ;)