Wednesday 2 April 2008

Rock Band, Guitar Hero & Karaoke Revolution!

I've been a faithful RPG (specifically Final Fantasy) gamer all these while, most of the time not bothering to spend more than one game sitting on any types of game genre such as Grand Theft Auto or Metal Gear Solid. I mean I do make an effort trying them out but they usually get thrown one side pretty quickly. This pretty much changed when I got.....


THIS!


Yep, I received a wireless guitar from the KC babes for my 21st birthday last year. I had the game for quite awhile for my PS2 but it wasn't really fun without the actual guitar controller. I was elated when I received it and before I knew it, I was HOOKED onto Guitar Hero II by Redoctane. Oh and have I mentioned about the fantastic rock songs featured in this game?

The game play
Press the coloured buttons on your fret boards according to what you see



I was then introduced to another music genre game for PS2 by Val. She had apparently bought this karaoke like game online with the microphones and she invited us over to her place to try it out, and I quote " you have to try it! It's damn fun!!" Not doubting her of course and looking forward to this whole new form of entertainment rather than our usual hanging out sessions such as watching movie or going for dinner, we eagerly went to her place. AND thank goodness we went because we had a BLAST singing at the top of our voices and not caring if the whole neighbourhood heard us. So I found out that these exciting karaoke games were Konami's Karaoke Revolution and American Idol! I swear I've never had this much fun at karaoke than with these 2 games.

Watch the video below to see how the game is played.



So because the group of us enjoy playing both Guitar Hero and singing Karaoke Revolution so much, we usually don't know which to play because we only have 1 controller for 1 game on 1 console. Therefore, could you imagine our excitement when news of the new game called Rock Band was released last november on the PS3 and Xbox?? You must be wondering what is this Rock Band that I'm talking about, well its basically Guitar Hero and Karaoke Revolution combined with an addition of the drums!! Its totally awesome because you can have all 4 players involving themselves in the game at the same time! Each player taking up the roles of the vocalist (microphone), guitarist (guitar), bassist (guitar) and drummer (drums)!

The controllers: Drums, Microphone, Guitar





Check it out yourself!







And since we are on the topic of Guitar Hero and games, here's something that I can't wait for my DS!


Guitar Hero: On Tour on Nintendo DS!!!



Can't imagine? Now you can play Guitar Hero wherever you go!!




2 comments:

kiM said...

so Cool!!!cant wait to get one for my ds...thx for sharing..:D

.:decadence:. said...

no prob! I also can't wait for it to come out! XDD i think it would really be an interesting change from our normal controlling of the stylus!