Saturday 12 April 2008

Daryl's Welcome Back Dinner

Today was a great day because I finally got to meet up with the other Bananas that had gone MIA for soo long! Goreng Pisang had just returned from London for the study break holidays and Michies and I grabbed this opportunity to organise a mini Bananas reunion (although B1 is still in Japan)!

I started the day heading down to STA travels to settle my air tickets for my upcoming Europe + LSE summer school trip this summer which I'm totally psyched about! I also managed to get my International Student Identification Card made which will be super useful when I go over. I strongly recommend that every student out there get one (it costs $15) because of its major discounts that you will get when you buy tickets for entrances or rail passes, etc. In fact, I already used it on a Lonely Planet travel guidebook purchased at STA travels. Not only was the 'Europe on a shoestring' sold at cost price, I was given an additional 20% off because I was a ISIC card holder!

So anyways, after meeting up with Michies at Paradiz Center, we went down to Selegie Center to have our eyebrows threaded. Menaka Bridal Service shop at Selegie Center does very good eyebrow threading services for only $5 and I highly recommended it. Come to think of it, I've been going to them for the past 2 and a half years!

We were still an hrs away from meeting time after we were done and so we decided to roam about city hall to kill time. You know what happens when 2 girls with nothing to do, holds a camera right..

haha yep here are some pictures that we took outside the Singapore Museum!

Michies and me!



cheeky ang moh who helped us to take our photos

We wanted to get the whole background of the Museum



It was close to 8pm and so we made our way down to Cafe Cartel to wait for the boys.

free flow of bread!


empty chairs - boys still had not arrived after 45 mins past meeting time!



Random photo shots after dinner


Lesson no. 1 - Never take a picture with a green backdrop! See how awful I look

Now this looks better, not fantastic but better

Banana Republic Family Potrait!!
(which btw we all look like shit here. sighs)

"i feel fat looking at your donut" is the quote of the day!
Michies who is on a diet commented on Sammy's donut when she saw cream oozing out of the donut. This sent Daryl into a laughing fit which got the whole group laughing as well because Daryl's laughter was so contagious. I really don't blame her you know, imagine the calories in one single donut. *shudders* and to think I used to eat like half a dozen in a day!

No comments: